Students interested in entertainment industry: Paula Naanou

Senior Paula Naanou is an avid singer/songwriter. She has performed in countless showcases,coffee houses and looks to pursue a recording career in music after high school. She has already been recognized by the Songwriter’s Association of Washington as an artist to look out for in the upcoming year.

Q: Tell us a little bit about your plans for pursuing your career after high school.

A: My dream is obviously to become a singer/songwriter. I plan on going to college and recording and performing on the side.After high school I’m expecting to be performing locally every once in a while. I’ll also definitely be focusing on writing more songs.

Q: Who are your musical influences?

A: Hmm this is a hard one. Artists that influence me range from Sara Bareilles to Beyonce. I also love Jon McLaughlin, Adele, John Mayer, Joss Stone, John Legend, Katy Perry, The Beatles, The Civil Wars, I could literally go on forever!

Q: If there was one venue where you could play, what would it be and why?

A: As cliche as it may sound, I would love to perform at Madison Square Garden. It would be such an honor to sing in a venue in which many inspirations of mine have.

Q: Do you have any advice for someone looking to pursue the career you are interested in?

A: It seems like an impossible dream to pursue, but nothing is impossible. We can each be that one in a million that makes it, it just takes some dedication! However, there is also nothing more important than being yourself!