Goodbye summer, hello new school year

Summer has come and gone, and students are still transitioning from relaxation to crunch time. Now three weeks into the new school year, students are just getting back into their old study habits. Teachers are now assigning larger homework assignments, which means no more slacking.

“I feel it’s been hard to adjust from summer to a school schedule, but so far it’s been great,” sophomore Kevin Tran said.

Many students and teachers are saying they wish summer break could be longer, however, some are excited for what the new school year will bring.

“I am excited for the new shows we are putting up in the theatre department this year,” said sophomore Skye Lindberg, “and also [for] not being a freshman.”

When most people think of school they think of homework, tests, and projects. As these are the main parts of every class, organization and time management need to be reestablished after having summer vacation. For many people it only takes a few days to get back into school mode, but for some it may take longer. “Definitely don’t procrastinate, that’s the biggest problem for me,” said Tran.

Each year, students have to ask themselves, do I hang out with my friends or study for that upcoming test? There are many compromises they can find to accomplish both and still have free time. “I’ve been staying after school for extra help and I have had study groups with my friends,” junior Marissa Shartel said.

With each new school year usually brings new methods of finishing homework, sports, friends, while still finding a little family time. Students will continue using these habits throughout the next nine months to strive for the best that they can be.

Whether it’s studying with friends or last minute cramming, how will you get back into your school mode?