Spirit Week continues with Little Kid Day

What’s with everyone wearing pajamas and diapers to school? That’s right, winter spirit week has come to AHS.

“I absolutely love spirit week because it brings out the best in all the people of our school,” sophomore Clark Girardin said.

Winter spirit week is something new to AHS. In the past, the school has only done spirit week before the homecoming dance.

“There aren’t as many people doing it because it’s cold outside and there is no homecoming game,” junior Alli Foster said.

Dec. 6 marked the second day of spirit week, with it’s them, Little Kid Day. Students were encouraged to dress up as kids from their childhood.

“Not very many people are participating because there is no reason for it,” freshman Ally Mastrota said.

In the past, spirit week was used to get students and faculty pumped up for the homecoming game and the dance. For this week though, the only thing students have to get excited for is the winter pep rally. Some students are excited about it, like Girardin.

“I think it’s great that we’re doing spirit week for the winter because it gets me really excited for the pep rally, basketball, chicken and a big jug of kool aid,” senior Alay Tedla said.
In the future, students expressed interest in exploring new themes for spirit days. If successful, the spring pep rally will try to incorporate students’ ideas.

“I think it’d be pretty cool if we had a flower day” Girardin said.

“It’d be pretty chill if we had like a beach day,” senior Josh Tastaca said.
Even though some people might not think it’s a good idea to have a winter spirit week, it’s definitely a fun thing to do that even people who don’t have much spirit can enjoy.