Sportswear takes over halls of AHS

With the brand new “Winter Spirit Week” comes brand new spirit days, such as Switch-It-Up day, Little Kid day and now Sports day. Sports day allows students throughout the school to show their spirit by dressing in anything resembling or representing a sport, team, or player. As some go all out in their AHS winter sport uniform, others participate by simply putting on any AHS spirit wear. A more popular athletic outfit for today was dressing as a “lax bro,” or one who plays lacrosse, which included wearing a practice jersey, Adidas flip flops, high length white socks and mesh shorts. Other students showed participation by wearing an old soccer uniform or their favorite professional sports teams jersey.

“[I participated in Sports day] because I wanted to bust out the Walt Frazier classic 1973 jersey,” senior Nathan Miller said.

Spirit week will resume on Dec. 9 with Senior Citizen day. On Senior Citizen day, everyone is encouraged to show their spirit by dressing like an old man or old woman. Some ideas may be wearing a grey wig, big glasses, high wasted pants, suspenders, or anything else you feel fits this category.

Lastly, Friday will be Atomic day. Atomic day is the conclusion to AHS’s spirit week, and is expecting the most participants because of its easy protocol. On Atomic day, freshman are expected to wear red, sophomores wear white, juniors wear face paint, and seniors wear togas.

At the end of Atomic day, AHS will conclude its Winter Spirit Week with a pep-rally. This pep-rally will kick off the start of the winter sports season by introducing the varsity sports teams and players. Make sure to show your school spirit and participate in the last two days of our 2010 Winter Spirit Week!