No #%&@! Talking Week leads to signs throughout the halls

As students left school on Jan. 21 to begin the weekend, some noticed their fellow students placing signs around the building. Curious, but not enough to find out the meaning of the signs, they left. Monday morning as the students pile in sleepily they notice the bright red signs plastered around the building. Trash cans have also been pasted to the wall accompanied with quotes saying “don’t talk trash, throw it away.”

“I didn’t even notice,” senior Nayda Merida said.

“It was funny to see them because they seem so random,” freshman Wilson Tu said.

Nobody seemed to know where they came from or why they were even up.

“My elementary school used to have these types of signs; I feel like I’m in elementary school again,” junior Christina Miller said.

With the reason and origin of the signs still unknown, others students such as sophomore Christian Wong wanted to know “what’s the point?” of the mystery signs.

Not only students, but teachers such as Physical Education teacher David O’Hara have seen the signs.

“I didn’t notice them until they were pointed out to me,” O’Hara said. “[I had] no idea what’s going on.”

As the day progressed and students shuffled from class to class, many noticed peer mediation posters explaining the signs. It was not a joking matter, and it was an effort to promote No #%&@! Talking Week as advertised on the poster. The street signs plastered on the walls were allusions to respectful behavior such as the streets Pleasant Road, Politeness Place and Compliment Way. Not entirely sure of the reason at first, O’Hara said he was aware that this week was dedicated to being kind.

“It was creative way to advertise the week and to start it off,” junior Marissa Uriarte said.