Extended quarter becomes crunch time for students

As students return to school this week, it is easily forgotten that they are also completing their final assignments for the second quarter. With the quarter extended by two days due to the snow, students are hastily turning in their final assignments. In preparation for the ending of a semester comes completion of missing homeworks, extra credit to help boost class percentages and late night cramming for last minute quizzes and tests.

“To help bring up my grades before the quarter ends I’m staying after school with teachers who’s classes I’m doing bad in to do all my missing work,” sophomore Kyle Jamieson said.

Even though these two days might be stressful, it’s a great time to bring up your grades as much as you can to finish of the first half of the school year on a good note.

Others who know they already have good grades can use this week to coast along, finishing the quarter as planned.

“This week I’ll be doing what I usually do, completing assignments and keeping ‘Senoritis’ from taking full effect on me,” senior Joey Mazzara said.

Although grades might not be as prominent for seniors as they are for the rest of the school, everyone has their own way to keep their GPA’s up as the first semester comes to an end.

“I am studying for the rest of my tests that are this week and turning in late work,” freshman Amy Reynolds said.

The clock may be ticking on the amount of time left to finish homeworks, meet with teachers and retake tests, but in this case the expression “better now than never” really comes to effect. So end second quarter right, get work done and look forward to the four-day weekend coming up.