Spring sports make cuts

As the first weeks of spring sports came to an end, cuts were made for virtually all teams. There were a few setbacks that might have delayed cuts being made but, for the most part, the cuts were made at the expected times. Due to the rain on Feb. 25 and Feb. 28, most of the teams practiced inside in the main and upstairs gym. While boys lacrosse, baseball and soccer all made cuts despite the indoor practice, girls softball, tennis, girls lacrosse and girls soccer made cuts Feb. 28 and March 1. The boys and girls track teams started a week later than every other sport due to the carry over from the indoor season. Those teams started practice on March 1.

“I was really excited for baseball to start. I’ve been practicing all year and I just can’t wait,” sophomore Jonathan Pratt said.

Now that tryouts are over, the spring sports seasons can finally begin. Teams already have scrimmages scheduled for this week and next week, and some teams even have games next week.

“I was really happy to hear that I made varsity for softball and I’m really happy tryouts are over,” sophomore Shannon Casey said.

With the teams decided, players now can look forward to their team pictures and regular season games to begin. Although the process of trying out is stressful, being rewarded for your efforts makes it all worth it.