Students prepare for the end of the year

With the end of Spring Break ‘11, there is excitement in the air about the end of the school year and all of its many festivities. From the conclusion of spring sports to graduation and prom for seniors, there are many things to look forward to until the final day of school.

For most, the end of the year means studying, memorizing, and test taking. Even though it can be difficult and tedious, it brings hope for the beginning of summer to many students. With this in mind, the fourth quarter finals are highly anticipated by many. “I’m looking forward to after finals so I can start to relax and begin my summer,” junior Wally Geiger said.

Still not excited for the end of the year tests? There are still an array of other events taking place before the closure of the 2010-2011 school year.

“What I’m most excited for is the performance of Grease because it’s going to be a really great show and I’ll have some time on my hands when it’s over,” sophomore Skye Lindberg said.

If you are a senior, then you’re excitement will most likely be geared toward going on to bigger and better things. Between prom, graduation, college letters, and ending high school, these last couple of months are packed with life changing occasions.“I am most excited to graduate in June because I am ready to become prepared for the next step of my life,” senior Ian Griffin said.

Although finals are just around the corner, don’t let them create stress for the end of the school year; there are plenty of things to look forward to until summer vacation. So get studying because before you know it, finals will come and go, and we can all finally say hello to summer break ‘11.