Community dialogue meetings to begin

FCPS will host five community dialogue meetings to inform parents and students about the Annandale Regional Planning Study and the possible affect it will have on neighboring schools. The purpose of the meetings are to inform the community about the different solutions to the AHS overcrowding problem before the final decision this July. According to the FCPS website, it is not necessary to attend all of the meetings since they will all discuss the same information.

One fact many parents do not know is they have to sign up for the meetings. The purpose of registering is so that the Annandale Regional Planning Study will be able to provide enough materials and adequate space to the participants. Also, translators can be requested ahead of time for speakers of different languages in order to accommodate the diverse community. On May 6, a meeting will be held in the cafeteria of AHS and in the cafeteria at Edison HS. Lake Braddock HS and Fall Church will both host the next round of community dialogue meetings on May 23 each schools’ cafeteria. Finally, the board is providing an opportunity specifically for speakers of another language on June 6 at Annandale Terrace ES. Each meeting starts at 7:00 and will end at 9:00.

According to FCPS, the meetings will begin with a brief video and then community members will break up into small groups to comment on specific scenarios. The goal is to help attendees hear ideas from each other to gain an understanding of what the community wants to see occur with the boundary study.

To register for the meetings or request a translator, any interested member of the community can go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/annandalecommunitydialogue