New television monitors appear in school hallways

As students walk through the hallways of AHS, they undoubtedly notice the installment of four television monitors positioned in various locations.

“I wanted them as use for info boards. For example, the 60 inch screen in the lobby has wifi so that the school website can be displayed there and show the day’s announcements and special events,” principal Vincent Randazzo said.

Randazzo explained that the main purpose of the television monitors is to be used to benefit the students and the school.

“[The TV’s are] mainly used to highlight the students, school activities, and act as an info board for guests. In the athletic lobby we will use it for athletic events and to highlight the students so that guests see what Annandale is; it’s all an effort to use technology more wisely,” Randazzo said.

All but one of the TV’s were donated. The 60 inch television displayed in the lobby was donated by the Korean Embassy when First Lady Michelle Obama visited earlier in the year. The other televisions were donated by the county.

“I have actually been talking about doing this for years and I feel that the outcome has been favorable,” Randazzo said. “The faculty and students generally liked the upgrade. Instead of display boards, [the TV’s] communicate more effectively.”

“I really like the TV’s because I usually stay after school a lot and I am always wondering about the events happening around school,” junior Carla Suarez said. “I think it’s really great that we finally got them and I’m always glancing at them when I pass by them in the hallway.”