Demi Lovato performs at Wolf Trap

This past weekend I went to Demi Lovato’s summer tour at Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts (Filene Center.) My friends and I waited at the gate ready to sprint onto the lawn and get a perfect view. After waiting for about 30 minutes, the head of security came out and held up signs to begin a countdown from 10, the waiting fans got their bags and sprinted down the steep hill to find the best spot. Being in the front of the line, I sprinted and got a spot right in the center in the front with that perfect view.

As the crowd waiting for the warm up band, Nashville Tennessee locals Hot Chelle Rae (HCR), fans broke out in singing happy birthday for multiple different fans. Around 7 pm, HCR finally entered the stage. The band is known for their singles “Tonight, Tonight,” “Honestly” and “I Like It Like That.” Playing mostly new songs, the crowd was unaware of their lyrics and barely sung along. The better-known songs had the crowd up on their feet screaming and dancing along. As a old fan, I can say that even though I was happy with their performance, I would have preferred if they played more of their older songs.

Demi finally took the stage about 20 minutes late, her first few songs she seemed out of it and was forgetting lines and not seeming too into performing. She then got more into her singing and the show turned into an incredible performance. Especially as she said “I feel honored that you guys can tell me your deepest darkest secrets, and I don’t only want to be a singer, I’m here to help you.” As Lovato was recently in rehab with an eating disorder and for self-harm, she has been an inspiration to kids all around the world. She then dedicated her new song, “Skyscraper” to these fans.

Throughout the concert Demi played old and new songs, from “Remember December” to a cover of “Turn Up The Music” and a Lil’ Wayne song, then to her latest single “Give Your Heart A Break.” Overall I thought Demi really pulled through with this show and put on a great show. If you have never seen Demi Lovato live, I highly recommend you purchase tickets for her next show. She is possibly the only Disney Channel star who can actually sing.