AHS school bus involved in crash

An+AHS+school+bus+struck+a+van+on+its+way+to+school+this+morning.+
Courtesy of Michael Loving
An AHS school bus struck a van on its way to school this morning.

A school bus driving to AHS was involved in an accident this morning on its way to school. No students were injured. The crash occurred around 7 a.m. on Little River Turnpike and Medford Drive.

According to Fairfax County Police, one or two people involved in the crash have been taken to the hospital for minor injuries.

Principal Vincent Randazzo sent an email reporting that no students were injured, but one reported having a headache.

The accident caused a lot of traffic for students that take Little River Turnpike to school in the morning.

According to the Washington Post, about 20 students were on the bus when the accident happened. They were transported to another bus and taken to school from there.

“It looked like the van was going eastbound on Little River and it looked like the bus turned left without seeing the van onto Medford Drive, or the van didn’t see the bus turning, or it ran a red light,” AHS parent Michael Loving said. “The damage to the bus was minimal, almost non-existent. But the cab of the van was completely demolished.”