Boys lacrosse lends a hand

The school year is just about finished for AHS seniors who are anxious for graduation. Following the graduation ceremony is an alcohol-free all night graduation party at Audrey Moore Recreational Center. During the all night event there will be multiple prizes and expensive giveaways.

However the students need money to make this big event happen. One of the ways the students have been raising money is through the boy’s lacrosse team. On Saturday, April 10, the boy’s provided a mulch service to the AHS community. Orders were placed for only $4 per bag and the team spent their Saturday delivering the bags. They split into groups and followed the mulch trucks the assigned houses and unloaded the mulch. “It was a great fundraiser for a good cause, supporting an alcohol free graduation night,” said lacrosse senior Tyler Rauer. “It was a good way to raise money fast.”

The lacrosse boy’s do this annually and the community has been very thankful to their helpful service.

“I liked this fundraiser because rather than just asking for donations, we are providing a service that is beneficial to our community. I believe this gives them a good impression of our lacrosse program as well as our school,” said senior lacrosse player Max Kirkman.