“Two Can Keep A Secret” leaves readers shocked

Thonny Anwar, Staff Writer

Secrets are meant to be kept unknown and unseen, they’re dangerous and most people aren’t good at keeping them. Which is why in Echo Ridge, it’s better to keep your secrets to yourself.

Ellery is a curious girl who loves reading about crime solving. Her twin brother Ezra makes fun of her all the time for having such an obsession with mysteries. After their mother lands in rehab. Ellery and Ezra must go to Echo Ridge to live with their grandma.

Echo Ridge is a picture-perfect town, everyone knows everyone, but it’s also where Ellery’s aunt, Sarah went missing seventeen years ago and where Lacey homecoming queen of  Echo Ridge High disappeared five years ago. After Ellery’s first week of school, she is nominated to be homecoming queen. Everyone at Echo Ridge High is worried that what happened five years ago will happen again.

Malcolm grew up in the shadow of the Homecoming Queen’s death. His older brother Declan was the prime suspect of Lacey’s disappearance because he was her boyfriend. Malcolm and Ellery develop feelings for each other and when they finally start to do something about their feelings for each other another girl goes missing. As Ellery and Malcolm team up to unravel what happened they find that the answer they’re looking for might be closer than they think.

About the Writer
Thonny Anwar, Staff Writer

Sophomore Thonny Anwar is a first year staff writer for The A-Blast. She spends a lot of her time babysitting and eating ice cream. In her free time, she...