Last Weekend I…

Last weekend I attended the Sweetlife Festival at the Merriweather Post Pavilion venue. Earlier in the week, the news forecast claimed that Sunday would be partly cloudy with a high of 70 degrees which would make for the perfect weather on a concert day. However, that was not the case on this particular day.

I was not actually looking forward to the hour long ride there with my cousin but to my surprise, it all went by pretty quickly. When we finally arrived, parking was surprisingly not the real situation. Instead, trying to figure out if bringing in umbrellas and rain ponchos were going to be necessary was a larger concern. In the end, we figured if anything we would be fine with the light sweaters we had on.

Once we were finally inside, my excitement and curiosity started to kick in since I had never been at anything that was similar to this event. There were so many things to do: go get your pit seats, try an organic hot dog or participate in the paint collage.

After exploring around lawn for about fifteen minutes, we rushed over to get our pit seats. For such a cloudy and horrible day outside, it was so much fun to watch all of the small bands performing live. The crowd started getting more pumped up at 4p.m. as it got closer to the performance by Crystal Castles.

My favorite performance, by far, was that of Crystal Castles. But, it could not be an overstatement saying that both my cousin and I were quite disappointed because the performance was not very long, with a total of only four songs.

Lupe Fiasco, Girl Talk, and The Strokes performed after Crystal Castles, and the crowd went insane for each performance. Overall, the event was great and defintely convinced me to go back next year.