MTV digs up awful reality series

Just as MTV ends its ties with the phenomenom known as  Jersey Shore, it quickly finds a new reality show series to take its place. The show is called BUCKWILD and it takes place in the wonderful state of West Virginia. As if another state needed another steriotypical connotation added to their name, BUCKWILD features your typical cast of young adults living blue collar lifestyles or even attending college.

The show takes into account what appearently most West Virginas do in their free time, which they seem to have a lot of. One episode of the show features some of the cast going “Mud Sliggin’” as they would pronounce it. Basically you get in the back of a beat up pick up truck and drive into wet messy mud puddles until everyone’s covered in mud. Fun right? It doesn’t stop their they also think jumping into power plant wast water and swimming in it is fun.

The careless and senseless events occuring within the show continue to make it unbearable to watch, but I will admit that the drama is up to par just as much as Jersey Shore’s was. The cast does enjoy to go out to clubs and parties (I know, who knew there where clubs in West Virginia?) and seemingly are subjected to drama. So far the show mostly consists of drama between the ladies regarding their relationships and so on where as the boys seem to be too busy jumping off bridges and lighting fires .

It’s like watching a bunch of grown up Honey Boo Boo’s. They’re not afraid to embrace their country lifestyles and show off their crazy hobbies with the rest of America. Although you may find your self laughing at the out of control country boys and girls, the show lacks entertainment at times because of the ridiculousness that occurs throughout the show. Like TLC’s Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, the show may be entertaining in the first few episodes, but the excitment quickly fades just as you become unamused with the ludicrous acts and realize how outrageous their behavior is.

MTV seems to be desprate for new realiy shows now that their mega hit reality series Jersey Shore is gone, but BUCKWILD doesn’t appear to be the answer.  It’s like The Real World, but a rural, country, hill-billy version. My opinion would be for MTV to drop the silly reality series and get back to what they used to do best, incorporate music into television. But let’s face it, that is highly unlikely to ever happen with our reality television absorbed society and because of it, shows like Jersey Shore and now BUCKWILD are here to stay.