Justin Bieber grows up in acoustic album

The teen sensation Justin Bieber sure has grown up on his latest acoustic album release. After recently being caught in the midst of a smoking scandal, producers were worried the album wouldn’t sell, but that didn’t stop his ‘Beliebers.’ The album includes six of his songs off his original album Believe acoustically, one live studio version song and three new releases including a bonus track.

The album shows that Bieber can in fact sing and shows off his vocal abilities. Soon after the release, Believe Acoustic soared to the top of the charts and is currently at number two on the Top Albums. Surprisingly none the songs have hit the Top Singles chart except for the bonus track, written by Bieber himself, “Nothing Like Us,” which hit the top 45 at number 41.

My personal favorites off the album are his studio version songs, “Yellow Raincoat,” “I Would” and “Nothing Like Us.” The new songs are mostly love ballads and really show how far Bieber has come as an artist with songs that have meaningful lyrics. These songs aren’t like his other pop hits; they are stripped down with a piano and orchestra backdrop, forcing you to listen to the lyrics.

“I love listening to his acoustic album, it’s really soothing and great music to fall asleep to,” senior Jenny Ha said. “Even my mom likes it!”

Even if you consider yourself to not be a Bieber fan, I highly recommend listening to this album. You will get a completely different feel for the young popstar and will find yourself listening to the songs on repeat.