The return of Fall Out Boy

falloutboyrock.com
Fall Out Boy, made up of Patrick Stump, Pete Wentz, Joe Trohman and Andy Hurley released this picture along with the announcement of their return.

The band Fall Out Boy was the definition of teenage angst, and for many teenagers, their favorite band. But on November 20, 2009, the band announced they were going on an indefininate hiatus. Now fast forward to three years later, 2013, they have returned.

With multiple rumors surfacing through music websites like Property of Zack, SupJustin and others, no one believed it was true. Finally Fall Out Boy announced via Twitter, Facebook and their own personal website that the rumors were in fact true. The post on their website last Monday included tour dates, an album name and release date, along with a brand new song titled My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up).

Last Friday at 10 a.m. the tickets for their Save Rock and Roll Tour went on sale. The much anticipated tour will take place in smaller venues then the band is used to playing. Making it much more difficult for fans to get tickets with the limited capacity.

Many students asked their parents and other family members to help them buy tickets for the Friday, May 31st show at the 9:30 club in Washington, D.C. But, to many student’s dismay, very few were able to get tickets.

“I had my mom try to get tickets for me, but she wasn’t able to get on fast enough,” said junior Amy Reynolds. “She was on right at 10, but got blocked out immediately.”

The 9:30 Club only has a capacity for 1,200 people, and tickets sold out in less than two minutes.

“I’m upset I didn’t get tickets, but I know they will have more shows in the future,” Reynolds said.

Fall Out Boy’s new album, Save Rock and Roll debuts on iTunes and wordwide May 6th , 2013.