New Vibram FiveFingers modernize athletic footwear

There is always a new pair of shoes on the market, each one claiming to be even better than the previous version. However, after you, along with millions of others, go out and purchase the newest trend, you realize those new shoes are very similar to your old pair.

This is especially true with athletic shoes. It can be hard to find the right pair for your sport and foot type. Sorting through the hundreds of options big name brands like Nike, Adidas and Under Armour provide is tedious. Each one declares that the newest model from its brand will help you achieve the highest level of athletic performance possible.
Vibram footwear has put an end to the repetitive athletic footwear dilemma. It is an international brand known for its soles, which maximize safety, protection, comfort and durability. Vibram provides shoes for outdoor activities like mountain climbing, to industrial strength shoes for firefighters, to every day casual shoes.

Recently, a new pair of shoes has become the latest craze among outdoor athletes and adventurists. Named the FiveFinger shoe, it has a unique quality that stands it apart from all other athletic footwear. It has five slots for each toe, which basically act like gloves for your feet. These shoes are designed to mimic a barefoot experience while providing protection for the soles of your feet.

However, the odd appearance of the shoes may hinder their selling ability.

“I think they’re ugly but they look like they could be comfortable and helpful,” Senior Syed Alli said.

Other AHS students think that the appearance should not matter, and people should
focus on the capabilities of the shoes.

“I think if the shoes are beneficial to athletes then it shouldn’t matter that they are ugly,” said junior Jessica Hotter.

In addition to its exceptional design, the shoes can be worn for a multitude of activities. They are advertised for high performance in running, kayaking, boating, yoga, hiking, mountain or rock climbing, or even as casual footwear. They are even used for swimming as water shoes, giving them the nickname mermaid shoes.

The peculiar shoes not only protect your feet, but are said to improve balance, strength, agility and overall health. Vibram FiveFinger shoes are a refreshing new trend compared to generic athletic brand footwear, and despite their appearance are shown to improve physical fitness and athletic ability.