Atoms Motivator Goes Viral

Junior John Nguyen poses for a picture with the Atoms Girls Tennis Team after providing them with a pregame motivation speech

Recently, the Atoms Athletics department gained attraction with a new motivational speaker from the baseball team, John Nguyen! Recently, Nguyen started giving motivational speeches to teams all across AHS and encouraging them to play their best. As these speeches are given, Nguyen posts them to a personal Instagram account which has taken him viral. In some recent videos posted by @johnguyenahs on instagram, it has received over 200k views and almost 5k likes.

Going back to where it started, Nguyen was inspired to start these speeches back in the fall athletic season when the Atoms Football team was on a dry spot in the season and needed some motivation. At the time, Nguyen was the teams manager and he provided the team with his first motivational speech. Following this speech, the Atoms were able to defeat the Lancers in a 28-0 shutout. This day influenced the start of motivation across Atoms Athletics.

Moving on to present day, Nguyen continues to providing teams such as the Atoms Softball team, Atoms Tennis team and Nguyens own sport, Atoms Baseball with these inspiring speeches to help our athletes perfrom at their peak performance, while also going viral online.

“ I never expected my social media to skyrocket, and after all these speeches were made only to spread awareness for my team.” added Junior John Nguyen.

Going viral has come with its pros and cons for Nguyen. For example, some pros is the abillity to better connect with Atom Nation and motivate others outside AHS sports teams. Some cons to being a Instagram star is that some rival teams have used these videos to get into the baseball teams head. This is easily combatted by the high sprits that Nguyen strives to leave for the team!

Apart from going viral, Nguyen has been in contact with different high school and colleges asking for his motivation for their teams.

As John prepares to finish his junior and move onto senior season, he is also ready to continue supporting all AHS sports, and more specifically the Atoms Football Program.

Teams looking for a motivational speech from John can reach out to him via instagram @johnnguyenahs with coaches permission. Rising seniors wanting to continue thier support for John can him for 2025 class president through the google form provided by W4 teachers.