Field Hockey falls short in districts

Senior Caitlin Schwartz winds up to hit the ball in a game against Mount Vernon High School.

Luke Elkins and Mahdi Larhmari

After winning in the quarterfinals of districts against the Hayfield Hawks, the girls will be looking to further their success in regionals.
They unfortunately lost to the T.C. Williams Titans in the quarterfinals of districts, with a score of 6-0, and they will be looking to bounce back.
“We definitely need to work on moving the ball together as a team and being able to transfer the ball from one side of the field to the other,” said junior Rebecca Tecle.
Even though they fell in the semifinals, they are still qualified for regionals because the top 4 teams in the district qualify.
The girls field hockey team will be looking to do better in regionals and they will be trying to improve, after they finished the season with a record of 4-11.
“We are working on specific things that we have been having trouble with throughout this past season, and making sure everyone is confident in their stick and teammates,” said Tecle.
“Some positives are throughout the season our communication has gotten better drastically and we’ve been getting better at staying spread on the field.”
The Atoms are going to be taking on Colgan High School in the first round of Regionals.
“We really want to bring everything we’ve learned throughout the season on to the field. We want to show Colgan what we’re made of,” said Tecle.
The game was on Tues. Oct 24, and the Atoms will look to improve on what’s been a shaky season (results of the game were not available by publication).

UPDATE: Annandale defeats Colgan 2-1, and moves on to the next round against Mount Vernon. A win against them takes them to states.